Sunday, November 2, 2008

Jay-Z - I Can't Get Wit That

I just came back from a Jay-Z and T.I. concert so I guess Ill do a little history on these dudes. Jay-Z grew up in Marcy Houses in Brooklyn as you probably already know. His father abandoned the family when Jay was just a shorty. He had his fair share of trouble when he was young as we all did, but his led to him shooting his brother in the arm for stealing his clothes when he was just 12 years old. Jay attended Eli Whitney High School along with the rapper AZ (I guess that school had a thing for letter names). Eli Whitney eventually closed down and he started school at George Westinghouse Information Tech High School where he became classmates with Notorious B.I.G. and Busta Rhymes. Hov never graduated, he had other things on his mind. They used to call Sean Carter "Jazzy" in his neighborhood when he was growing up. Thats what spawned the name Jay-Z.



No comments: